Wednesday, August 9th, 2006 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, cucumbers and squash everywhere. Toss in green beans, wax beans, pumpkins and peppers of every shape and size. Stir in unusual specimens for added interest. Judge Terry Hipsley of Van Wert faced a . . .
Mercer County Board of Zoning Appeals members are close to approving a variance that would allow 84 park model homes to be built at Kozy Marina on the north shore of Grand Lake, but still delayed the decision another month. Boa . . .
It is too soon to determine the exact effect the merger of Reynolds & Reynolds Co. and Universal Computer Systems will have on the company's Celina production facility. "At this time, I don't know. It's very early in the integr . . .
Mercer County will spend $30,000 from its solid waste funding to hold its annual household hazardous materials pickup later this month. This is the 8th year for the event, which remains popular among residents, said Carla Bueni . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Local health official fears vaccine shortage
• Agency pushing for exclusive rights to handle permits and building inspections
• Projects can be inspected locally
• Official feels time frame for revisions may not be met
• $2.1 million sewer extension headed for final approval
• County hopes to keep money
• New pay ordinance considered
• Some voters say they won't show ID
• Drug charges net man more than seven-year prison term
• Miami Mutual likely to affiliate with Celina Insurance Group