Wednesday, September 6th, 2006
By Margie Wuebker
Four arrested in local task force sting
Four people face multiple drug-related charges in the wake of an undercover investigation by the Grand Lake Drug Task Force. The ongoing investigation began last fall.
Mercer County Sheriff's deputies and task force personnel rounded up the quartet beginning shortly before 9 a.m. Tuesday.
• Travis J. Lange, 22, 332 Kenneth Drive, St. Henry, trafficking in marijuana, trafficking in cocaine and trafficking in marijuana within the vicinity of the school, fourth- and fifth-degree felonies.
Lange also was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, a misdemeanor, after authorities reportedly found a large knife concealed in his 1998 Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck. Authorities also seized the truck, which was allegedly used in the November drug offenses.
• Michael N. Mock, 26, 315 Forest St., Celina, one count of trafficking in marijuana, a fifth-degree felony, stemming from an October incident.
• John M. "Mike" Temple, 41, 812 Pro Drive, Celina, three counts of trafficking in marijuana in the vicinity of a school, all fourth-degree felonies. The offenses occurred between Oct. 22 and Dec. 1 of last year.
• Matthew H. Toler, 19, 218 Godfrey St., Celina, three counts of trafficking in marijuana, all fifth-degree felonies. The offenses occurred between Oct. 13 and 19. He additionally faces a misdemeanor charge of possessing drug paraphernalia when taken into custody.
They are expected to make initial appearances in Mercer County Common Pleas Court later this week.
More arrests could be forthcoming, Sheriff Jeff Grey told The Daily Standard.
Additional online stories for this date
Print edition only stories for this date
• Love stronger than nature's frailties
• Cooper Farms shows continued growth
• Design plans advance for sewer separation
• Rockford council seeks funds from Community Development Block Grant
• Storm sewers to be repaired
• Laurels may hook into town's water system
• Wandering county home resident found on Main street in Celina
• Blues may be coming to town
• Local bank offices getting new name
• Flyers survive threat from Tigers
• If you are 2-0, feel good about your shot for postseason
• St. Marys scores early and shuts out Defiance
• Coldwater coasts to three-game win over Wapak
Mostly cloudy, rain
Mostly cloudy, rain