Thursday, November 9th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - Safeway Packaging, landlocked at its current Minster location, plans to relocate to the Bunker Hill Industrial Park in New Bremen representing a $10.6 million investment. Kevin Manor, president of the corrugated pa . . .
Several area residents were sentenced to prison and others pleaded to charges stemming from drug busts held earlier this year in both Mercer and Auglaize counties. The drug arrests were part of an ongoing crackdown by the Grand . . .
Mercer County is among three additional counties that has been quarantined by the state after the tree-killing emerald ash borer (EMB) was discovered near the village of Rockford. Hardin and Logan counties also have been quaran . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina auditor retiring after 29 years
• Death of Celina teen under study
• Money raised for expansion nears goal
• Board looking into issue of students ordering food delivered
• Camden man enters not guilty plea to sex charges
• Language arts department needs new teacher
• Board votes to change day of 2006 graduation
• Insanity plea sought by man
• Oak Harbor vs. Coldwater
• Marion Local vs. Springfield Catholic Central
Coldwater native Leroy A. Garman, 77, of Wapakoneta, died Nov. 6, 2006, at University Medical Center of Ohio, Toledo. He was born July 24, 1929, in Coldwater, to Aloys and Ottilia Gottas Garman. His wife, Patricia Garman, died . . .
Kimberly Kaye Farmer, 41, 5480 Mercer-Van Wert County Line Road, rural Rockford, died at 7:10 p.m. Nov. 7, 2006, at Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus. Death was due to an extended illness. She was born Oct. 21, 196 . . .
Doris N. Smith, 84, of Sidney, died at 1:35 a.m. Nov. 7, 2006, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. She was born Feb. 23, 1922, in Greenville, to Leo R. and Ethel Steele Nelson. On Feb. 20, 1943, she married Lloyd O. Smith, who su . . .