Wednesday, May 9th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
FORT RECOVERY - The middle school media center has been closed for the remainder of the year due to the vandalism committed during the weekend. During the regular board meeting on Tuesday evening, Superintendent David Riel sai . . .
WAPAKONETA - A group of Singapore officials traveled to Auglaize County on Tuesday morning to study a state-recognized program that helps inmates successfully fit back into society. The delegation to the Auglaize County Law Enf . . .
NEW BREMEN - Following three decades, the wait for Minster baseball followers is finally over. Tuesday in New Bremen, the Wildcats came from behind to knock off their neighbors to the north, 6-5 - a victory which put an exclam . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Repeal possible of costly sewage law
• Testing local ticks for disease potential
• Helping inmates change behavior
• Voters say no to rezoning amendment
• Athletic boosters plan building of concession stand
• Four Celina teens plead not guilty to burglary charges
• Village to plan 175th anniversary celebration
• Condo living arrives in St. Henry
• Minster, Versailles out front early
• Celina wins pitching duel against Wapak
• Cavaliers secure second-place finish
Former St. Marys resident William Ashbaugh, 56, of Lima, died at 4:33 p.m. May 7, 2007, in the emergency department at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Death was due to an apparent heart attack. He was born May 27, 1950, in Lim . . .
Hubert J. Huelsman, 79, 5067 state Route 219, Coldwater, died at 9 p.m. May 7, 2007, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. He was born Feb. 27, 1928, in Celina, to Anthony J. and Matilda Rindler Huelsman. On June 12, . . .
Robert Lee Young, 81, formerly of Butler Street, Coldwater, died May 7, 2007, at Van Wert Manor. He was born Feb. 7, 1926, in Coldwater, to Walter and Lulu Schinn Young. His first wife, Evangeline Lampert, died in 1979. His sec . . .