Thursday, June 5th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ROSSBURG - When Eldora Speedway owner Tony Stewart got out of bed on Wednesday morning, it seemed 99 percent certain the Old Spice Prelude to the Dream would be canceled after early morning thunderstorms hit northern Darke County . . .
Mercer County health officials on Wednesday voted unanimously to stop enforcing the Smoke-free Workplace Act and hand over the job to the state. Auglaize County health officials reportedly plan to do the same thing at their mon . . .
The Summer Concert Series in Celina had a disappointing opening last Sunday evening as the steel drum group Pantasia was relocated from Lake Shore Park to the Celina High School lecture room. The decision to relocate the event . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Rockford extends water lines to Laurels
• Problems of pool and paving almost solved
• Three injured in collision
• Fans brave weather prior to running of Prelude to the Dream
• Area D-III athletes have eyes focused on podium
• Snyder looking to finish strong
• It has been a wild postseason ride for Celina softball
Agnes M. Quinter, 92, 2215 Eiting Road, Minster, died at 7:20 p.m. June 3, 2008, at Heritage Manor Nursing Home, Minster, where she had resided for the past six months. She was born June 7, 1915, in Fort Loramie to Frederick an . . .