Saturday, June 7th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLUMBUS - Canton Central Catholic got a big performance from Grant McCoury and it was enough to send the Crusaders into the Division III state championship baseball game. McCoury hit a pair of two-run home runs and got the win . . .
AKRON - It took five innings for Celina batters to figure out Dover pitcher Kristen Moreland. When they did, everyone got into the act. The Bulldogs took the lead in the sixth inning, then put the game away in the top of the . . .
A new trial date has been set in the case of a Chickasaw man as Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey Ingraham considers motions filed in the case. Nicholas Schwieterman, 22, 90 Maple St., faces a five-day jury trial c . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mercer County buffeted by storm
• St. Marys woman among those workers mourning loss of jobs after lock out
• Several cases of E-coli reported
• Judge orders treatment for woman convicted in crash
• Knee injury not enough to keep Harner out
• Local D-III athletes make their mark
• Snyder qualifies for the finals in both of the hurdle events
Rikki L. Reichert-Keller, 53, of Bryant, Ind., died Friday, June 6, 2008, at Parkview Hsopital. Arrangements are pending at Haggard & Sefton Funeral Home, Decatur, Ind. . . .
Jerome Schmit, 92, a resident of VanCrest of Delphos, died there at 9:30 p.m. June 4, 2008. He was born March 4, 1916, in Delphos, to Nicholas and Matilda Youngpeter Schmit. On June 20, 1946, he married Alice Lindemann who surv . . .