Saturday, October 4th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ELIDA - The strategy for Celina's offense at Elida on Friday night was simple - get the ball into the hands of playmakers Blake Moran and Alex Dues. Moran and Dues were the focal points of the offense and helped guide Celina to . . .
ST. HENRY - After a scoreless first quarter, St. Henry looked to gain an advantage when it scored the first points of the game against Coldwater in the annual Backyard Battle. Instead of St. Henry gaining an advantage, the touc . . .
The largest wind turbine supplier in the U.S. is sizing up Mercer County as a location for the first major wind farm in Ohio. Mercer County Community Development Director Larry Stelzer recently met with company officials who ar . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Rocketman blasts into St. Marys library
• County official doing his (wind energy) homework
• Police chief ready to meet challenge of keeping a rein on security at Oktoberfest
• St. Marys takes hold of WBL by two games
• Flyers use all their weapons in win
• Rockets show little mercy on Wildcats
• Wapakoneta pulls off shocker of the night tripping up Shawnee
• Versailles picks up first MAC win of year
Marie Ruth Lessner, 82, Dayton, died Oct.3, 2008. She was born Oct. 22, 1925 in Mercer County to Lewis W. and Bertha Merkle. Surviving are two daughters, Ivy (Patrick) Geddes, Mill Valley,Calif., and Mary Jane (Steve) William . . .