Thursday, October 9th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Nicholas Schwieterman appeared in Mercer County Common Pleas Court this morning and was found guilty of six charges stemming from a March 15 crash that claimed the lives of four area teenagers. The 23-year-old Chickasaw man ent . . .
MINSTER - Minster Local Schools board of education met briefly Wednesday night with just one item on the agenda - approval of a two-year contract with the Minster Teachers Association. Teachers, who worked more than 95 days wit . . .
MINSTER - Much like track and cross country, Minster High School is building a strong tradition in golf. The boys golf team, after a one-year absence, makes it back to the Division III state tournament this week at The Players . . .
Officials are hoping new technology and public input will help them identify a murdered woman whose nude and decomposed body was found in a cornfield 38 years ago near Arcanum. The Darke County Sheriff's Office today released a . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Marion levy would finance current services
• Schedule of election coverage
• Technology may help students catch on to the fun of reading
• Treasurer given contract extension
• Former Celinan is Jeopardy! champ
• MAC and WBL have 11 teams in contention for playoffs
• Kill traveling to Arizona for prestigious tourney
• Celina's Gardner and Dorsten are one win away from state berth
• Impact Game of the Week:
• Bits and Pieces...
• Celina football looking for two wins in a row
• Under the hood, then and now
Anthony E. Ball, 56, 725 Hillcrest Drive, St. Marys, died Oct. 7, 2008, at his residence. An autopsy has been ordered to determine the cause of death. He was born July 6, 1952, in Lima to Harold J. and Donna Swinehart Ball. His . . .
Gregor J. Buening, 77, 5460 state Route 219, Coldwater, died at 5:19 a.m. Oct. 8, 2008, at Briarwood Manor Nursing Home, Coldwater. He was born Dec. 19, 1930, in Coldwater, to Bernard J. and Julianna Bruggeman Buening. On Nov. . . .
Paul E. Kremer, 83, 2570 St. Johns Road, Maria Stein, died at 12:33 p.m. Oct. 8, 2008, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. He was born April 22, 1925, in Maria Stein, to August and Catherine Bertke Kremer. On May 24 . . .