Monday, November 3rd, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLUMBUS - Every so often in sports, a memorable event occurs where a member of a team fights through injury or adversity to help their team win. One may recall the 1996 Olympics with Kerri Strug completing the vault needed for t . . .
Editor's note: Due to privacy concerns, a fictitious name was used for the Mercer County man who agreed to share his story. Jim and his wife were married six years before they applied for their first credit card. As a young . . .
ONTARIO - The Celina volleyball team matched the deepest postseason run in school history, but the Bulldogs finished one game shy of reaching their ultimate goal. Celina, playing in its second regional final in school history, . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Area skateboarders hope to jump indoors
• Vehicular homicide charge is leveled against Celina man
• Smoke causes minor evacuation at Otterbein Retirement Center
• Flyers heading back to Nutter Center
• St. Henry falls in five to defending champs
• Versailles making its third trip to state
• Deeper look into Minster's victory
• Local boys run well at state meet
• Marion Local wins rematch with Anna
• St. Marys scores late in fourth for victory
Former Coldwater resident Leona E. Koesters, 90, of St. Henry, died at 7:40 a.m. Nov. 1, 2008, at Lima Memorial Hospital. She was born Aug. 30, 1918, in St. Peter, to Philip and Anna Braun Wendel. On April 29, 1944, she married . . .
Paul Langenkamp, 71, of state Route 47, Sidney, died Nov. 2, 2008, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Gehret Funeral Home, Fort Loramie. . . .
Mary Joan Leonard, 74, 500 Bruns Ave., Apt. 40, Celina, died at 2 p.m. Nov. 1, 2008, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born Nov. 3, 1932, in Auglaize County, to Carl and Violet Eshleman Whited. On Oct. 10, . . .
John F. McCollum, 76, of St. Marys, died at 3:15 p.m. Nov. 1, 2008, at Otterbein St. Marys Retirement Community. He was born Oct. 22, 1932, in St. Marys, to Samuel and Allie Stoker McCollum. On May 2, 1952, he married Edna Anna . . .