Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The number of Grand Lake area people seeking unemployment benefits nearly doubled from December to January, reflecting numerous layoffs after the holiday season. Mercer County's unemployment rate spiked 2.2 percent in January t . . .
A woman's exercise center in downtown Celina has changed ownership. The former location of Curves is now Ladies' Fitness Center, owned by Mary Ann Elking of Celina. The center at 218 W. Fayette St. offers a dressing room, cooli . . .
WAPAKONETA - The outlook for an All-Midwest Athletic Conference Division III sectional finals at Wapakoneta High School on Friday was dimmed by a pair of classic overtime thrillers on Tuesday night. In game one, Parkway rallied . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Customers report suspicions about area slaughterhouse
• Bids received for nearly $1.9 million road project
• Extension of sewage system to Maria Stein moves forward
• Village to be reimbursed for property taxes paid
• Beer tasting event to draw big crowd
• Celina store offers sales and repairs
• Unique clothing store to close
• Eilerman carries Cardinals to victory