Friday, May 1st, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - Notre Dame alumni Daniel Ruettiger, whose struggles on the football team were captured in the 1993 movie "Rudy," recalls a time when his fifth-grade teacher ridiculed him. He didn't know the fifth president of the U . . .
Efforts to establish a skateboard park in Celina were boosted late last week with a $10,000 grant from the Tony Hawk Foundation. The announcement of the grant was made by Celina Planning and Community Development Director Kent . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Local farmers give wind energy a whirl
• St. Marys school district to seek 6.8-mill, renewal levy on Tuesday for operating costs
• Two men from out-of-state to be arraigned for theft at local store
• Task force nets two drug arrests
• Illinois man tries to get drug by deception
• Organist earns top honor for performance skills
• Hosbach is ready for return to Nationals
Opal Dull, 86, died May 1, 2009, at The Gardens of Celina. Arrangements are being completed at Dick Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Eugene N. Heitkamp, 74, 04630 state Route 364, Minster, died at 10:45 p.m. April 29, 2009, at his residence following a month-long illness. He was born Dec. 6, 1934, in Minster to Fred and Cecelia Bruns Heitkamp. On June 22, 19 . . .
Victor E. May, 77, 7487 East state Route 67, Bryant, Ind., died April 29, 2009, in Renaissance Specialty Hospital, Muncie, Ind. He was born Nov. 22, 1931, in Jay County, Ind., to John and Louise Schmit May. On Oct. 25, 1952, he . . .
James E. Roberts Sr., 57, Salamonia, Ind., died April 30, 2009, at his residence due to cancer. He was born Dec. 27, 1951, in Covington, Ky., to James E. Jr. and Betty Brown Roberts, who survive in Fort Recovery. On Dec. 4, 197 . . .
Mostly sunny, mild
Mostly sunny, mild