Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Lake Improvement Association members want to spend $1,000 to rent a device that emits sound waves to kill blue-green algae in Grand Lake. LIA members approved spending the money on Saturday, but still need state approval to use . . .
Seventy-four people have filed reports with the Mercer County Sheriff's Office indicating they were victimized as a result of business practices at Vonderhaar's Quality Meats in Fort Recovery. The reports range from shortages o . . .
COLDWATER - The St. Henry Redskins used some two-out offensive lightning, solid pitching by Michelle Stout and some strong defense to rout the Coldwater Cavaliers 10-1 in Midwest Athletic Conference softball action on Monday afte . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• New director named to head CALL Food Pantry in Celina
• No open and shut decision for new drive-up window
• LDC hires consultant to search for grant funds for Grand Lake
• Boaters reminded to check on weather before hitting the water
• Business would like to add outside seating
• Man wanted on drug trafficking charges turns himself in to deputies
• Otte gives up just one hit in win for Flyers
• Panthers rally in the fifth inning for victory
• Wet weather puts farmers behind in planting corn crop
Carl H. Kohn, 77, 535 Dorothy Lane, Coldwater, died at 11:40 a.m. May 4, 2009, at Dayton Heart Hospital. He was born Sept. 5, 1931, in Celina to Frank R. and Ruby G. Smelser Kohn. On Oct. 20, 1951, he married Mary M. Wenning, w . . .
Edna C. Frahm, 87, 1115 Jackson Ave., Celina, died at 11:15 p.m. May 3, 2009, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born March 12, 1922, in Celina to Edward and Alvina Luth Siebert. On June 2, 1945, she marrie . . .