Thursday, May 7th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Thousands of dollars worth of fines have been issued in the last year to area clubs and bars since the state took over enforcement of the Smokefree Workplace Act. Topping the list in the Grand Lake area with the highest number . . .
ST. MARYS - High school students in neon green safety vests were all over town Wednesday morning pulling weeds, washing windows, mural painting, cleaning up the canal and more. They dashed from buses to the high school for their . . .
World of Outlaw sprint car racing is a tough business. A season traveling coast to coast to race against the best sprint car drivers and teams in the country is filled with highs and lows. Findlay's Chad Kemenah experienced . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Health officials set to close Rockford mobile home park
• Auglaize attorney files for new trial for Schwieterman
• Grand Lake eagles are parents of 2
• Patrol investigates employees for theft
• Streets selected for repaving this year
• County projects continue to produce jobs locally
• Archer is going to play baseball for Polar Bears
• Taking a look back into the past
• Winner and Wuebker earn national recognition
Mary Ida Platfoot, 65, state Route 47, Houston, died at 9:45 a.m. May 6, 2009, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born Jan. 20, 1944, in Sidney to Florence Walfrom and Elmer Seger. On May 4, 1963, . . .
Barbara E. Tester, 74, 612 W. Cron St., Celina, died May 7, 2009, at Lima Memorial Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .