Thursday, July 23rd, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Jason Thomas of Celina showed no emotion Wednesday afternoon as Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey Ingraham sentenced him to 15 years to life for the murder of his 10-month-old stepson. The 26-year-old defendant de . . .
California agriculture officials waited too long to address a ballot measure that was ultimately successful in outlawing the ways certain animals are confined, said an animal behavior professor from The Ohio State University. C . . .
A short animated film created by Celina teenager Rachael Yoder was selected by entertainment group qubo for national broadcast on TV and the Internet. Yoder's film, created on a Web application at qubo.com, was chosen as one of . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Judge denies second trial
• St. Marys wooden lock getting park-like setting
• Animal care issue will appear on Nov. 3 ballot
• Mercer SWCD office checks out pollution complaints
• Funds needed for pilot study
• Council awards bids and hears project updates
• County contemplates ODOT deal for school safety project
• School lunch fees take a hike
• Tabfest brings funds to local charities