Wednesday, August 5th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A 15-year-old Celina girl remained in critical condition this morning after being struck as she and a friend rode their bicycles in a crosswalk Tuesday night. The responsible motorist reportedly left the scene. Caitlyn Miller, . . .
A juvenile court program that teaches youths how to prepare healthy meals has been deemed a success in its first year. From September through June, Mercer County Juvenile Court officials teamed up with the local Ohio State Univ . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Humor with a twist at Auglaize fair
• Why the property fee?
• Ohio Supreme Court to decide appeal in Schwieterman case
• Cost of trash removal to increase slightly
• Certified volunteers will collect data for water quality program
• Kids can stack, toss, eat and play at store
• New owners making pizzas and subs
• Mariners washed out; tourney has new format
Paul E. Hammond, 81, 311 Johnson Ave., Celina, died Aug. 5, 2009, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Services are 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. John Lutheran church, Celina. Calling is 4-8 p.m. Friday. A full obit . . .
Mary Katherine Tucker, 95, of LaGrange, Ind., died at 8:20 a.m. Aug. 3, 2009, at Millers Merry Manor, LaGrange. She was born Oct. 10, 1913, in the Rockford area to Frank and Myrtle Worley Tavener. She married LaVerle Tucker, wh . . .