Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The city of Celina will not participate in two hydroelectric projects that would have committed the city to 40 years of debt. Under threat of veto by Mayor Sharon LaRue, the measure failed on its third reading after council Pre . . .
A group of people from Mercer County is helping a school on the Caribbean island of Grenada beef up its 4-H program to give the people there agriculture leadership and life skills. About a year ago Sue Wills and Rosie Hager, bo . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• CIC seeks city loan for storefront fixes
• Congressman: Americans concerned most about jobs, not health care
• Coldwater to begin all-day kindergarten
• Village reimbursed for broken water line
• Board OKs OSU deal for Chinese program
• New Bremen board picks familiar face for new post
• Celina man in custody on sexual conduct charge
• Area woman sentenced for endangering children
• Indians' star repeats as best hoopster in MAC
• Blue Jays' leader wins it for the second time
• Taylor's going to play two sports for MCU
Virgil H. Puthoff, 62, 121 W. Franklin St., Chickasaw, died at 5:47 a.m. March 7, 2010, at the Ohio State University Medical Center. He was born May 23, 1947, in Celina, to Albert and Mary Agnes Clune Puthoff. On May 25, 1968, . . .
Donald Sealschott, 75, Celina, died March 8, 2010, at his home. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Martin L. Slaven, Sr., 52, 201 Walnut St., Apt. A, St. Marys, died at 6:16 a.m. March 8, 2010, at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima. He was born April 13, 1957, in Martin, Ky., to Herb and Areda Hall Slaven. On Sept. 14, 2000, . . .
Sharon K. White, 58, 796 Gordon Grove Dr., St. Marys, died at 7 a.m. March 8, 2010, at her home. She was born July 16, 1951, in Scioto County to Forrest and Margret Shope Norman. On Dec. 21, 1968, she married Nelson E. White, w . . .
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4