Friday, April 9th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
FORT RECOVERY - A Darke County hog and fish farmer recently showcased during a March 19 visit by Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland has a history of pollution and manure management issues, the most recent of which occurred just eight days . . .
CELINA - Celina City Schools needs to work on how the public would be notified of an emergency situation at the school, officials learned at a recent mock disaster exercise sponsored by the Mercer County Emergency Management Agen . . .
COLDWATER - The weather may have been a little chilly, but the pitching was warmed up and ready to go at Veterans Field in Coldwater on Thursday. Cavalier ace Keith Wenning and New Knoxville starter Jake Lawler put on a show in . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Tenant eyeing land for business
• Sheriff to get GPS units, computer software
• Business people told to be ambassadors
• Celina alleys to be resurfaced or closed
• Rough year, staff may not see pay raise
• Hellebores are early bloomers
• Kahlig concludes great career as best player in Grand Lake area
• New Bremen baseball made nice run in 2005
• Balanced offensive attack propels Bulldogs
• Mixed lineup no problem for Celina
Brenden James Kable, son of Bobbie J. Eisenhut and Steve L. Kable, Celina, was stillborn at 11:30 p.m. April 6, 2010, at Van Wert County Hospital, Van Wert. Surviving along with his parents are a brother, Austin Kable, Celina& . . .
Edward J. Kriegel, 93, Celina, died at 4:10 a.m. April 8, 2010, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born Dec. 11, 1916, in Toledo to John and Susan Muller Kriegel. On June 14, 1947, he married Gertrude A. Gast, who died May 25 . . .