Wednesday, June 9th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Two bicycle races may bring hundreds of visitors to Mercer and Auglaize counties this summer as part of the 2010 Colavita Time Trial Series. The series of nice races includes courses in Celina and St. Marys and is open . . .
CELINA - Some downtown merchants can see the silver lining through the construction dust on Main Street. Business people at the Celina Merchants Association meeting recently said they are surviving construction woes on Main Str . . .
CELINA - The Grand Lake Mariners continue to win in the preseason, although Mother Nature helpe their cause on Tuesday Three Mariner pitchers combined for a five-hitter as Grand Lake scored four times in its final plate appeara . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Father's Day - a health alert for men
• New Bremen man dies in motorcycle crash
• Parkway residents will vote on levy in November
• Farmer to install pollution fix for dairy wastewater
• Lima man killed in Auglaize County crash
• Electricity updates, credit flex on busy agenda
• Inspection leads to more work at lockkeeper's house
• Commission rules former hospital may be razed
• Four new stars join Prelude lineup
• Capps driving again for Sanning and Dues team
Robert E. Fleck, 78, Chickasaw, died at 3:35 a.m. June 8, 2010, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. He was born June 23, 1931, in St. Sebastian, to George and Salome Rose Fleck. On May 30, 1953, he married Esther M. Severt, who . . .
George J. Bihn, 99, Fort Recovery, died at 1:40 a.m. June 8, 2010, at Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater. He was born Nov. 26, 1910, in Valley City, to Sylvan F. and Flora Weigel Bihn. On July 15, 1944, he married Ro . . .
Robert H. Grimm, 71, Celina, died at 1:25 p.m. June 6, 2010, at his home. He was born Oct. 26, 1938, in Mercer County, to R. Lloyd and M. Bernice Behm Grimm. His mother, now Bernice Dexter, survives in Celina. On June 29, 1991, . . .
Charles E. Paulus, 74, Russia, died at 4:22 a.m. June 8, 2010, at Southbrook Care Center in Springfield. He was born Dec. 16, 1935, in Dayton, to Thomas L. and Josephine Placke Paulus. Surviving are three sisters, Elizabeth ( . . .
Thursday, May 28
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23