Friday, October 1st, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Mackenzi Rutschilling said she and her friends had reservations about entering their senior year at Celina High School with the new schedule system. But Rutschilling said she mostly likes the switch from the tradition . . .
ST. MARYS - These castings are big - so big, the St. Marys Foundry had to get a new crane hoist to pour and lift them. The 27-ton diffuser castings will be part of the world's largest pump station being built in New Orleans by . . .
MINSTER - What looked to be an intriguing Midwest Athletic Conference matchup turned into an unexpected romp on Thursday night at Wildcat Gymnasium The streaking Minster Wildcats used a punishing service game to cruise to an ea . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Grand Lake waterfowl hunt gets green light
• Tip leads to arrest of Celina man wanted on sex offenses
• Man stabbed during domestic altercation
• Some lake-area residents get break on sewer fees
• Commissioners seek bids for ditch improvements
• All Bulldog players advance to semifinals
• Celina beats Elida to stay in league title hunt
• Minster golf starts drive to repeat as state champion
• Sprint cars featured at Eldora on Saturday
Adele Stelzer, 87, St. Henry, died Oct. 1, 2010, at the Gardens at St. Henry. Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at St. Henry Catholic Church. Hogenkamp Funeral Home in St. Henry is handling the arrangements. . . .
Perry G. Wise, 86, Van Wert, died Sept. 30, 2010, at his home. Funeral arrangements are being completed at Ketcham-Ripley Funeral Home in Rockford. . . .
Renda L. Shellito, 71, Elkhart, Ind., died Sept. 29, 2010, in Elkhart. She was born Sept. 5, 1939, in Mendon, to Forest and Bessie Raymond Davis. In May 1988, she married Neal Shellito, who died in May 2004. Surviving are two . . .
Lowell E. Weitz, 79, Celina, died Sept. 27, 2010, at his home. He was born April 2, 1931, in Mercer County, to Fred C. and Ina D. Woodruff Weitz. On June 26, 1960, he married Mary Jo Williams, who died Dec. 12, 2000. Survivin . . .