Thursday, November 4th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The news last week that a Celina woman was shot to death by her estranged husband reopened emotional wounds in Barb Miller. Though it's been 12 years since her sister, Teresa "Teri" (Hasenjager) Mitchell was killed by her abusi . . .
ONTARIO - For the fifth straight season, the Ontario Regional marks the end of the postseason for the Celina volleyball team. Parma Padua Franciscan has its eye on a second straight Division II state championship after knocking . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Do protective orders protect?
• Rockford prepares for new water billing
• Problems continue with Rockford landfill
• More chances to earn college credit may be offered to students next year
• County teams with PUCO for road, bike path safety
• Fog contributes to morning collision
• Flyers roll past Tigers
• Stober a standout for Panthers, Tigers
• Grand Lake Football Primer
David F. Metz, 79, St. Marys, died at 8:07 p.m. Nov. 2, 2010, at the Golden-Valley Nursing Home in St. Marys. He was born Dec. 16, 1930, in New Bremen, to Ernest and Marie Wehrman Metz. On April 11, 1959, he married Dorla Sharl . . .
Stanley E. Russell, 68, Cridersville, died 9:35 a.m. Nov. 3, 2010, at his home. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Home in St. Marys. . . .
Ray J. Flore, 79, Celina, died Nov. 2, 2010, at Van Wert County Hospital in Van Wert. He was born Oct. 14, 1931, in Center Township to Russish and Eddythe Webb Flore. On Sept. 2, 1967, he married Patrica Wallen, who survives. . . .