Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011
By Gary R. Rasberry
Homan cut by Vikings
Compiled by Gary R. Rasberry
Saturday was the day when all National Football League teams had to trim their rosters down to the league-maximum 53 as the season begins later this week.
Unfortunately, Ross Homan was unable to survive the cuts as the Coldwater and Ohio State grad was waived by the Minnesota Vikings.
Homan, the sixth-round pick of the Vikings this past April (the 200th overall pick), had played in three of the four preseason games for the Vikings. Homan missed the Dallas game after suffering a concussion in the previous preseason contest against Seattle.
In three preseason games, Homan had six tackles while playing defense and special teams.
Homan can be signed by other NFL teams, either to the active roster or to the eight-player practice squad, which allows players to practice with the team during the season but not play in games unless put on the active roster.
Additional online stories for this date
Print edition only stories for this date
• Lake Campus prepares for switch to semesters
• More campers come to state park than last year
• Man dies following motorcycle crash
• New group offers haunted-historical tour
• Pair arrested on heroin charges
• Redskins capture championship
• MAC caps nonleague schedule at 11-9
• Wildcats top Cavs for first in Greenville