Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County will have a new commissioner next year as challenger Rick Muhlenkamp defeated incumbent Bob Nuding in the Republican primary Tuesday night. Also, long-time Republican commissioner Jerry Laffin secured a ninth term . . .
Program and personnel cuts are looming after voters Tuesday overwhelmingly defeated a proposed countywide property tax levy to fund the local health department. The 0.6-mill levy in support of the Mercer County-Celina City Heal . . .
NEW BREMEN - Voters in the New Bremen Local school district on Tuesday soundly defeated a combined 7.55-mill bond issue and permanent improvement levy to finance the construction and maintenance of a new K-8 building. Just over . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Students meet their 'adopted' Marine
• Sheriff increasing patrols to deter home invasions
• Officials to take out loan
• Voter turnout low
• Coldwater voters OK school operating levy
• Election results
• Sheriff on lookout for teen with gun
• St. Henry woman killed in accident
• Rockford Council passes new flood regulations
• It will be an all-MAC district final
• Linkous, Patriots next for Rangers