Friday, March 1st, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Employees losing their jobs over controversial social media activity is becoming more common in our increasingly connected world. These cases have brought the old question of constitutionally-protected speech to the foreground . . .
CELINA - Winners of the Celina-Mercer County Chamber of Commerce awards shown brightly Thursday night, despite the dim lighting at the start of the evening. A power outage in a section of Celina about 4:30 p.m. had staff at Rom . . .
ST. MARYS - It will be an all-Midwest Athletic Conference district final on Saturday as Marion Local and Minster both shrugged off big challenges on Thursday to earn semifinal wins at the Division IV district tournament at Murote . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Sources hires interim executive director
• Bonus questioned; search begins for new leader
• Lake fish safe to eat
• Ferguson will get tax exemption
• Auglaize seeks loan for bridge work
• Arrests made on charges related to heroin, other drugs
• Man receives suspended jail sentence on exposure charges
• Minster woman killed in Canal Road crash
• Bulldogs overcome adversity vs. Indians
• Celina's starting five receive WBL honors
• Elida's Mathias an easy pick as Player of the Year
• Post opens state tourney with a win
• Celina wants revenge on Bath
John F. "Jack" Kuffner, 84, St. Marys, died Feb. 28, 2013, at his residence. He was born March 23, 1928, in Washington, D.C., to Fred and Dr. Elizabeth (Yahl) Kuffner. On July 26, 1953, he married Alma Shaw, who survives in St. . . .
Elmer T. White, 84, Celina, passed away at 4:27 p.m. Feb. 27, 2013, at the Gardens of Celina. He was born Oct. 11, 1928, in Blackcreek Township, to Elmer C. and Violet (Steen) White. On Nov. 24, 1949, he married Helen Marie Edi . . .
Chris Michael Reichert, 55, Lexington, Ky., passed away unexpectedly Feb. 24, 2013. He is survived by his love and best friend, Kathy Collins; daughter, Sara Reichert (Brian) Murrell; son, Waylon (ChVonne) Reichert; . . .
Mostly sunny, mild
Mostly sunny, mild