Friday, November 29th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Area charities are seeing an uptick in giving and a slight drop in requests for help. The change comes from people feeling more comfortable in their own financial situation and confident the economy is really recoveri . . .
Jerry Harris had stood before his team a couple of dozen times since taking over the Celina football program two years earlier, but this time was unique. As his players' eyes were locked on him in the locker room of Welcome St . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Local shopping starts with a bang
• Local attorneys will represent murder suspect
• Celina 2014 general fund pegged at $3M
• Area man among those suing state over Ohio's new exotic animal law
• Flyers, Blue Jays rematch for ticket to title game
• Roughriders pose tough challenge to Cavaliers
• Emerging from the shadows
• Hoyng will be the go-to player for Celina
• Inexperience a concern for the Bulldogs
• Bruns playing the waiting game at Coldwater
• Cavaliers have depth in frontcourt, backcourt
• Kahlig will be the leader for a young team
• Lennartz will be the leader for Fort Recovery
• Flyers welcome back wealth of experience
• Marion Local has three starters returning
• Only two letter winners return for Minster
• Wildcats hoping for better start to the season
• Cardinals will build around Manger, Homan
• Depth, experience a concern for New Bremen
• Rangers hoping last year's experience pays off
• New Knoxville aiming to repeat in MAC
• Hickman optimistic for successful season
• Parkway welcomes back four returning starters
• Redskins are trying to overcome injuries
• Huelsman welcomes back strong nucleus
• Hegemier three wins shy of 500 for career
• Fulmer predicts improved season for 'Riders
Heather Jean Brackman, 38, of Fort Rucker, Ala., died at 1:44 p.m. Nov. 25, 2013, at Flowers Hospital, Dothan, Ala. She was born Sept. 26, 1975, in Celina, to Bradley Scot and Peggy Jean Knous Hull, who survive. On Oct. 25, 199 . . .
Pollyann M. Davis, 90, Celina, passed away at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 26, 2013, at home with her family. A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Leh-man-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina, the Rev. Tony Richmond o . . .
Mary Carmean, 93, St. Marys, died Nov. 27, 2013, at Golden Living Center-Valley Nursing Home, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Joann A. Homan, 76, died Nov. 28, 2013. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Coldwater. . . .
Mostly cloudy, showers
Mostly cloudy, showers