Monday, February 17th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices residents are making blankets for children in foster care programs around the state. Led by project coordinator Marge Steinecker, the residents have completed more than 1,000 blan . . .
ROCKFORD - Dan and Brandy Weitzel arrived home Sunday afternoon to find their home engulfed in flames. No one was injured; however, the home was destroyed. Calls for help from the Weitzels and a passing motorist at 3:33 p . . .
CELINA - Lima Central Catholic and Celina had the fans on the edge of their seats on Saturday night but it was the Thunderbirds' fans that left the Fieldhouse happy. LCC rallied from a fourth-quarter deficit to force overtime . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Laws pending to nix school zero tolerance
• Ag field day to deal with manure application
• Michigan fugitive arrested at St. Marys campground
• Trailer park residents must apply soon for assistance
• Rangers take control during second quarter
• Strong contingent of locals get good news
• Coldwater's wrestlers start postseason strong
• Marion Local knocks off SCL champs
• Cavaliers cruise to sectional title
Dale E. Smith, 63, Celina, passed into his eternal heavenly home on Feb. 16, 2014. He was born Jan. 13, 1951, in Celina to Ronald Smith, who survives in Celina, and the late Nora Lea Snavely Smith. He is survived by his loving . . .
Karolyn Sue Erskine, 66, St. Marys, died at 10:20 p.m. Feb. 13, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima, following a short illness. She was born May 27, 1947, in Braxton County, W.Va., to Ray and Leola (Petry) Long, who are de . . .
Gerald L. Winhoven, 59, Celina, died Feb. 17, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Arrangements are pending at Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Mary E. Gaerke, 59, Fort Recovery, died Feb. 16, 2014, at her home. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .