Previous Issue

Daily Standard Web Gallery

Next Issue


Saturday, July 12, 2003

Issue Index

Demolition begins at the rear of the Maria Stein landmark that once housed a general store, the old Knights of St. John Hall and a hardware store warehouse. Tom Gast purchased the structure that his great-grandfather built in 1867. The walls came tumbling down earlier this month with landscaping to begin as soon as site work is completed. Gast earlier restored the brick house partially visible in the background.