Previous Home Next

Previous Issue

Daily Standard Web Gallery

Next Issue


Friday, January 23, 2004

Issue Index

Order Quality Photo Reprints

Celina firefighters brave frigid weather conditions as they assemble a special hose to extract blown insulation from an attic above an upstairs rental unit at 6011⁄2 W. Wayne St., Celina. Deanna Crouch, who lived there with one or two small children, alerted the fire department at 11:44 p.m. Thursday after hearing crackling noises and noticing the ceiling outside her bedroom glowing. She reportedly replaced several blow fuses earlier in the evening leading firefighters to believe an under-protected circuit might be the cause. The Crouch family as well as an adult and three children from the downstairs apartment escaped unharmed. Assistant Fire Chief Ken Schoch said firefighters remained on the scene until after 2 a.m. making sure no smoldering embers lurked in the attic. He estimated $5,000 in damage to the upstairs apartment with owner Dan Bruns of St. Marys having insurance to cover the loss. The local Red Cross is assisting the Crouch family who had no insurance on the smoke-damaged contents. No damage was reported to the other apartment.


L10 Web Stats Reporter 3.15 LevelTen Hit Counter - Free Web Counters
LevelTen Web Design Company - Website Development, Flash & Graphic Designers