Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
From staff reports
The following events/locations have been canceled, postponed or temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
• Autism Life Center's in-person Regional Disability Conference & Resource Fair, which had been scheduled for March 28 in Lima, has been canceled. Officials are working on creating an online platform.
• Auglaize County Council on Aging social meals at the Senior Center and Wapakoneta Eagles Aerie are canceled. Logistics for additional meal delivery are under way.
• Aspire Program classes at Apollo Career Center, Lima, are canceled.
• Black Swamp Area Boy Scouts recognition and exploring dinner has been postponed.
• Children's Developmental Center classes and therapy are closed until April 6.
• Cancer Association of Auglaize County's March quarter auction is postponed.
• MAV Youth Mentoring's March high school bowling event is postponed, and lunch club and afterschool buddies are also canceled during school closure.
• Mercy Unlimited's March anniversary dinner is postponed.
• The St. Henry Community Garage Sales planned for April 2-4 have been postponed. For more information, visit the St. Henry Community Garage Sales Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Public services and ministry at Celina Church of the Nazarene have been postponed for two weeks. Services will be livestreamed on Facebook at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Wednesday evening services at Living Hope Assembly of God Church, St. Marys, have been canceled until further notice.
• Wayne Street United Methodist Church, St. Marys, has canceled the annual Lenten breakfast scheduled for March 28. No activities will take place at the church.
• Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church, Montezuma, has canceled the parish mission breakfast scheduled for Sunday.
• St. Paul's United Church of Christ, New Bremen, has canceled all programming, including worship.
• St. Paul's United Church of Christ, St. Marys, has canceled all programming, including worship.
• Wednesday evening CCD classes at St. Louis Catholic Church, North Star, and St. Nicholas Catholic Church, Osgood, have been canceled. Sunday morning preschool religion and CCD penance services are also canceled. In addition, the St. Nicholas Youth Ministry breakfast scheduled for Sunday has been canceled. Those wishing to be put onto the prayer chain should call the pastoral center or Marrianne at 419-582-2525.
• State of the Heart Care and the Mercer County Council on Aging are postponing the upcoming Soup Off that was planned for March 31 at the Mercer County Council on Aging.
• All activities at Arts Place centers are postponed or canceled. Arts Place facilities remain open.
• All Celina Cluster Masses and liturgies at Celina Immaculate Conception, Rockford St. Teresa and Montezuma Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic churches are canceled through Easter. A livestream broadcast from IC's closed-door 5 p.m. Saturday Mass and closed-door 8 a.m. Masses Monday-Friday can be viewed live or at any time. Visit celina-ic.org and click on "Live Stream" on the top right corner of the webpage and follow prompts to the Mass.
• St. Marys Rotary Club meetings have been canceled for three weeks.