Friday, September 15th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A joint effort between the city of Celina and Mercer County to build a new sewer treatment plant looks more likely as officials plan to sign a letter of intent asking the Ohio EPA to study the issue. City administration officia . . .
Celina and Mercer County officials say they are committed to working together to solve regional water problems, but admit there are obstacles that might prevent a joint effort in the short-term. The city is in the middle of an . . .
A local church is reaching out to Hurricane Katrina victims who still remain without food, shelter and jobs more than a year after their lives were changed forever. Eight members of St. John Lutheran Church in Celina were stunn . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Rockford plane crash remains unsolved
• Some St. Henry parents disagree with school board decision to charge admission
• Mercer SWCD to keep hammering on wintertime manure application standard
• Author puts past mistakes in words
• Marion man to serve 40 years for armed robberies
• Flyers dominate final three games
• St. Henry notches win in four games
• Versailles volleyball marches on to 11-0
• Celina girls soccer raises mark to 3-0 in the WBL
Carl Henderson, 88, 311 North Wayne St., St. Marys, died at 8:40 p.m. Sept. 13, 2006, in the emergency department of Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born April 7, 1918, in Shade, to George and Alma . . .
Carl H. "Buckwheat" Meinerding, 50, of Versailles, died at 12;50 p.m. Sept. 13, 2006, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. Arrangements are pending at Bailey Zechar Funeral Home, Versailles. . . .
Mildred L. Staugler, 81, formerly of North Cherry Street, Celina, died at 2:50 a.m. Sept. 14, 2006, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born Feb. 28, 1925, in Amonate, Va., to Arthur and Mable Buchanan Brinegar. On June 24, 1 . . .