Tuesday, October 3rd, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MINSTER - The Buschur Bright Lites Relay for Life Team has cooked up a tasty fundraising project and it is selling like hotcakes. "Food for Life Cooking for a Cure" debuted in late September and committee members already are or . . .
MARIA STEIN - Fresh from beating two state-ranked teams on Saturday at the Crestview Invitational, the Marion Local Flyers extended their win streak to four matches with a three-game sweep over Fort Loramie in Monday night volley . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Goodyear strike likely in St. Marys
• Neurological center may expand
• School superintendents scramble to apply for grant
• Removal of electronic arrest bracelet lands local man in jail
• Limits set for parking time
• Extension agent now working full time in agriculture
• National 4-H week
• MAC and WBL look to have at least six teams reach playoffs
• Hoyng's game-winner keeps Celina soccer undefeated in WBL
Former Montezuma resident Emma Creager, 92, died the evening of Oct. 2, 2006, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. Arrangements are pending with W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Frances Emans, 70, 305 E. High St., Mendon, died at 5:04 a.m. Oct. 2, 2006, at Van Wert County Hospital. She was born Aug. 4, 1936, in Wilmington, Del., to Francis and Agnes Spring Jackson. On May 27, 1961, she married William . . .
Rose Heitkamp, 81, 5490 state Route 219, Coldwater, died at 9:15 p.m. Oct. 1, 2006, at Heritage Manor Nursing Home, Minster. She was born May 30, 1925, in Minster, to Bernard and Mary Berning Prenger. On May 13, 1950, she marri . . .
Natalie Ann Pancake, daughter of James and Erin Dwenger Pancake, Rockford, was stillborn Sept. 29, 2006, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Also surviving are grandparents, Larry and Joyce Dwenger, Celina, Corrinna . . .