Thursday, April 19th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Celina City School officials received a handwritten threat early this morning that a bomb had been planted at Celina Middle School. "You have one hour," the note said. However, nothing was discovered following a thorough searc . . .
A new Ohio law requires all children ages 4 to 15 to buckle up while traveling in a vehicle. The law, part of House Bill 343 that took effect April 6, mandates that any child in that age category must be properly restrained no . . .
Wednesday's St. Marys-Celina tennis battle was split right down the line. The NetDogs, looking to put together their best units in preparation for the Western Buckeye League tournament, won both doubles matches on the day. Bu . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mercer County native surprised by invitation response
• Local owner: Smoking rules give unfair advantage to private clubs
• Coldwater teachers get contract with raise
• Rockford hires pool manager
• Clerk-treasurer position to change to appointed job
• Guilty plea entered for sex charges
• 84-year-old woman charged in underage drinking party
• Celina softball regroups against Van Wert
• Craft to move on and make waves for Raiders
• Homeowners use basics to bring yard to life
Former Celina resident Ruth A. Highley, 89, died at 7:25 a.m. April 18, 2007, at Winchester Place Nursing Home, Canal Winchester. She was born Oct. 14, 1917, in Rockford, to Delbert and Cora Hinkle McCristy. Surviving are a s . . .
Lewis Lee Larmore, 77, 315 Harbor Point Drive, Celina, died at 5:10 p.m. April 18, 2007, at his residence. Death was due to an extended illness. He was born Nov. 7, 1929, in Celina, to Robert and Myrtle Miller Larmore. On Nov. . . .
Former Celina resident John J. Siefring, 69, 8974 Linksway Drive, Columbus, died April 18, 2007, at Crown Point Nursing Home, Columbus. He was born Aug. 27, 1937, in St. Marys, to John J. and Rosa Elizabeth Kramer Siefring Sr. . . .