Tuesday, November 27th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Thirteen drug suspects were rounded up Monday as the Grand Lake Drug Task Force executed warrants in Mercer, Auglaize and Shelby counties as well as several Indiana counties. The roundup began with a 5:30 a.m. briefing before e . . .
ST. MARYS - Council agreed to provide Midwest Electric with sewer service in an emergency ordinance passed Monday night, a step the mayor pronounced "good for everyone." Located about a mile east of the city on route 33A, Midwe . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Officials feel rule a waste of taxpayer money
• Council looks to approve assessments
• Bulldogs hoping that hard work has paid off
• Celina girls hope to contend in the WBL
• Kanney waiting patiently for football to conclude
• Cavs may be in for a rebuilding campaign
• Fort Recovery looks to contend in the MAC
• Indians will have a different look this year
• Another late start for Westrick, Marion Local
• Fortkamp has veteran Flyers team to work with
• Lee hoping that depth will carry Wildcats
• Minster looking to build around senior class
• Ernst will try to mold together a young team
• Cards have potential to increase wins again
• Parkway is healthy with high aspirations
• Parkway girls are headed in right direction
• St. Henry optimistic for successful season
• Maier feels potential is there for Redskins
• Roughriders have a tough class to replace
• Niekamp likes the makeup of Roughriders
• Tigers lacking varsity experience this year
• Expectations are big this year for Versailles
• May expecting more success this season
• Knapke is ready to take over in the pool for Cavs
• Numbers, expectations up for Flyers swimming
• Minster with modest goals for the season
• New Bremen looks like a team on the rise
• St. Marys young, inexperienced
• Experience an asset for Celina wrestling
• Coldwater wrestling will be strong once again when football is finished
• St. Marys wrestling has many question marks
• Tigers have nice nucleus to build around
• Tigers were successful in first year in pool
Walter H. Barhorst, 83, of Sidney, died at 10:20 a.m. Nov. 25, 2007, at Wilson Memorial Hospital, Sidney. He was born Aug. 6, 1924, in Sidney, to Julius and Anna Kuether Barhorst. On Oct. 14, 1961, he married June A. Peacock, w . . .
Lidwina M. Bergman, 93, 830 W. Main St., Coldwater, died at 3:24 a.m. Nov. 26, 2007, at Briarwood Manor Nursing Home, Coldwater. She was born Feb. 16, 1914, in Carthagena, to John and Bernadine Wuebker Stelzer. On June 5, 1940, . . .
Elmer J. "Farmer" Bernard, 82, of St. Henry, died Nov. 26, 2007, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, St. Henry. . . .
Orville M. Engle, 83, 6190 Shelley Road, Mendon, died at 11:36 a.m. Nov. 25, 2007, at Lima Memorial Health System. He was born July 4, 1924, in Lima, to Jesse and Hattie Dupler Engle. On Aug. 8, 1942, he married Catherine L. "M . . .
Melvin "Scurb" L. Heitkamp, 64, 402 Willow St., St. Henry, died at 3:25 a.m. Nov. 26, 2007, at Briarwood Manor Nursing Home, Coldwater. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Jan. 31, 1943, in St. Anthony, to Edward and H . . .
Leo C. Schulte, 91, formerly of Hanover Street, Minster, died at 5 a.m. Nov. 25, 2007, at Upper Valley Medical Center, Troy. He was born June 13, 1916, in Fort Loramie, to Joseph and Rose Baumer Schulte. On Aug. 23, 1944, he ma . . .
Ernest "Doc" Stahl, 78, of Celina, died Nov. 26, 2007, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Coldwater. . . .
Thursday, May 28
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23