Friday, November 9th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Heartbreak tops the list of problems blamed on a record high suicide rate for military men and women returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan. Relationships often go sour when couples are separated by long tours of duties overs . . .
The city of Celina is off the hook for any blame in a dispute between the Mercer County Elections Office and a couple of city residents who say they were denied the right to vote in city elections. In that dispute, reported by . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Fringe benefit may cost employees
• Annual Mercer SWCD banquet is held
• Officials to start architect search for possible renovation, construction project
• Seas: Anonymous complaints and letters won't be accepted
• Broken tile to be replaced in Hopewell Township
• There's nuttin' better than a crop from a hickory tree
• Cavs got third-ranked Alter in second round
Ivor Morris, 74, 210 Enterprise St., Celina, died at 11:16 p.m. Nov. 8, 2007, at St. Rita's Hospital, Lima. Arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Eugene Jerome Schilling, 87, 401 N. Cedar St., Coldwater, died Nov. 8, 2007, at his home. He was born Jan. 25, 1920, in Logan, to Phillip and Philomena Thoma Schilling. On June 9, 1945, he married Marie Osterfeld, who survives. . . .
Loyell Shellabarger, 84, of Celina, died Nov. 9, 2007, at Colonial Nursing Home, Rockford. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Betty L. Vogel, 79, 122 Bayshore Court, Villa Nova, St. Marys, died at 12:05 a.m. Nov. 9, 2007, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23