Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Plans for the new Mercer County Detention Center got a final OK from the Courthouse Committee on Tuesday and the unanimous vote allows bids for its construction to be submitted. The Courthouse Committee, set up under the Ohio R . . .
After three rough games, Grand Lake was looking to vent some frustrations. The Mariners scored five times in the bottom of the sixth to come back from a 4-2 deficit, then got great relief pitching to shut down the Xenia Athlete . . .
Butler Township trustees recently purchased the Burntwood Cemetery, ending an ownership dispute that has spanned many months. At their Monday night meeting trustees announced they have purchased the 104-feet-by-140-feet cemeter . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Parkway school's fuel costs jump $20,000
• Fish-killing virus found in central Ohio reservoir
• Students score high on Ohio Graduation Test
• MCDO/school officials work together for students safety
• Man enters not guilty plea to burglary charges
• Council makes priority list for fixing streets
• Shindeldecker to be moved to Toledo mental health facility
• Interior design business opens in Celina
• Family Caring Clinic moving to new site at Van Wert Health Center
• Rosengarten headed north for Hillsdale
• Archer leads Parkway to victory over Minster
Dennis G. Breitigam, 58, of Wapakoneta, died June 17, 2008, at Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus. Death was due to natural causes. He was born June 2, 1950, in Lima, to Emmett Eugene Jr. and Vera Maxine Walti Breit . . .
Dorothy E. Jung, 89, 17000 Roettger Road, New Bremen, died at 2 a.m. June 16, 2008, at Heritage Manor Nursing Center, Minster. She was born Oct. 21, 1918, near New Bremen in Shelby County, to Herman and Anna Nolte Opperman. On . . .
Rita M. Mestemaker, 79, 5038 North Star-Fort Loramie Road, New Weston, died at 7:35 a.m. June 17, 2008, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born Aug. 18, 1928, in Celina, to Peter J. and Rose Weisma . . .
C. E. "Ed" Now, of Celina, died today, June 18, 2008, at his daughter's home. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .