Friday, July 11th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
County officials are pleased with the bids that came in for construction of the new jail in Mercer County. Most bids came in below the engineer's estimates for the $13.2 million project. "This is the day we've been looking to f . . .
In a game where the long ball helped Marion Local get back into the game, it was a bunt that helped the Flyers to a win. After scoring six times in the third inning, four coming on Marcus Moeller's grand slam, the Flyers got th . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• High-tech treasure hunters
• Convicted rapist granted new trial by appeals court
• Local officials loan more voting machines to flood-ravaged county
• Grant approved for shoreline protection on lake
• Council creates new post in auditor's office
• A force to be reckoned with
• Mariners break out of offensive rut in win over Lake Erie
• Celina Junior ACME to play at state tournament
Mary B. Baggs, 90, of Celina died at 3:12 a.m. July 11, 2008, at the Gardens at Celina. Services are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
John R. Miller, 73, of 119 Oakwood Drive, St. Marys, died at 5:15 a.m. July 10, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima. He was born Oct. 29, 1934, in Circleville to J. Ray and Gladys Smith Miller. His wife Merilee Metzger M . . .
Charles L. Siefring, 71, Coldwater, died July 10, 2008, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Funeral Mass is 10:30 a.m. Monday at Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Coldwater. Calling is 2-8 p.m. Sunday and 9-10 a.m. Mo . . .