Thursday, August 28th, 2008 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The extremely dry summer has left stagnant water in some areas and created the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes that transmit West Nile virus. Two human cases of West Nile were confirmed this year in Ohio in Lorain and Ot . . .
A Celina woman tearfully pleaded guilty Wednesday morning in Mercer County Common Pleas Court to charges stemming from the drug-related death of a friend. Teresa A. Drew, 49, 1141/2 W. Anthony St., entered the plea to one coun . . .
By BRUCE MONNIN and RANDY BRUNS Standard Correspondents For one area conference, the non-conference season is already over. For another, it extends another week with a conference-wide scheduling gamble. With its nine-game . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Area pupils may make virtual trips
• New face on airport board
• Local watershed officials help Indiana Wabash River group
• City to pay off debt owed to OWDA
• Minster BOE looking for other options for teaching Spanish class
• Celina couple purchases Tri Star home for $197,500
• Crackdown on drunk driving this Labor Day weekend
• Wapakoneta comes to town for WBL opener
• Woods chooses Manchester to continue to play baseball
• Impact Game of the Week:
• Bits and Pieces...
• St. Henry boys golf falls by one to Russia
Tuesday, February 21
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17