Saturday, September 6th, 2008
By Betty Lawrence
Local man dies in go-cart crash
A go-cart and automobile accident on state Route 219 in Macedon at 4 p.m. Friday claimed the life of C. Stormey Banks, 44, of 1291 state Route 219.
According to a report from the Mercer County Sheriff's Department, Banks was driving the go-cart westbound on state Route 219 when he crossed the center line to turn into a yard near his home in Macedon, west of Coldwater. In doing so, he turned in front of a 2007 Pontiac Vibe driven by Annette Heyne, 54, of 3348 Slavik Road, Coldwater.
Banks was transported to Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater, by Mercer County Squad 7. He then was brought by emergency helicopter to St. Rita's Hospital in Lima where he was pronounced dead at 5:52 p.m. Friday.
Heyne was uninjured.
Both the go-cart and Heyne's vehicle were towed from the scene, according to Sheriff Jeff Grey, who also said it is illegal to operate go-carts on roadways.
Banks' death is Mercer County's ninth traffic fatality of 2008.
The crash remains under investigation by sheriff's deputies.
Additional online stories for this date
Print and E-Edition only stories for this date
• Keeping her goal in sight
• Celina man pleads guilty to lesser charge in rape case
• Water intake structure likely
• Coldwater picks up easy win at Versailles
• Marion Local strikes quickly and often
• Ground game leads St. Henry to win
• Rockets hand the Indians their first loss
• Stephenson runs wild for Shawnee
• Celina girls golf win a trimatch at Defiance