Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Tuesday, November 25th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The blue-green algae in Grand Lake could one day be transformed into oil, a nutritional supplement and possibly plastic, Celina Community Development and Planning Director Kent Bryan says. Wright State University-Lake Campus, w . . .
One local grandmother is logging 400 miles a week to fulfill her dream of becoming a pastry chef. She's back and forth twice a week to Cincinnati attending the Art Institute of Ohio's culinary school, but Renate Delzeith is no st . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• First reading of pay ordinance passes after much discussion
• New cable service coming online soon
• Sheriff's department radio equipment will move to new tower
• Pay ordinance proposes 3 percent pay increase
• Council schedules public hearing on rezoning of school site
• St. Marys trio get state honors
• Celina boys battling through early injuries
• Bulldogs aiming to repeat as WBL champs
• Kanney and Cavs have time to get ready
• Cavaliers looking for an improved season
• Fort Recovery has veteran team this season
• Indians have the look of contender in MAC
• Late start once again for Marion Local boys
• Flyers look to be more up-tempo this year
• Offense a concern this year for the Wildcats
• Minster will be led by its backcourt this year
• Junior class will lead the way for Cardinals
• Win total should rise again at New Bremen
• Rangers loaded for another postseason run
• New Knoxville will rely on experienced duo
• Parkway has nice foundation to build around
• Jazwiecki takes over as Lady Panthers coach
• St. Henry looking to reload for this season
• Size will be an asset this year for Redskins
• Roughriders are focused on improvement
• Lack of experience a concern for St. Marys
• Celina swimming primed for strong year
• Knapke expects strong year from Cavaliers
• Marion Local returns quality swimmers
• Goals are set high for the Minster swimmers
• Ritter thinks both teams will be good
• Schlater happy to be back with Roughriders
• Celina wrestlers hungry for more success
• Cavaliers have experience on their side
• Gruber has young group this year
Doris A. Bertsch, 88, of Cape Coral, Fla., formerly of Sidney, died at 4:50 a.m. Nov. 21, 2008, at Woodlands Assisted Living Facility, Cape Coral. She was born Dec. 29, 1919, in Maplewood, to David and Eliza Josephine Brock Ric . . .
Celina native Ted A. Brookhart, 50, of Columbiana, died Nov. 22, 2008, at his home. A cause of death is pending. He was born Oct. 29, 1958, in Celina, to Marion L. and Irene Bomholt Brookhart. His mother survives in Columbiana. . . .
Eloise H. Horner, 95, 220 N. Front St., St. Marys, died Nov. 24, 2008, at her home. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
James Cecil Mallory, 79, 440 Touvelle St., Celina, died at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 24, 2008, at the Cleveland Clinic. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home in Celina. . . .
Shawn E. Newland, 33, 525 S. Walnut St., Celina, died at 5:15 a.m. Nov. 24, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Death was due to natural causes. He was born May 25, 1975, in Coldwater, to Dwain L. and Rose E. Lehman Newla . . .
Former Coldwater resident Alfred C. Pax, 78, of Columbus, died at 6:41 p.m. Nov. 23, 2008, at his home. He was born March 18, 1930, in New Weston, to Jacob G. and Antoinette Nordenbrock Pax. On Dec. 29, 1962, he married M. Sue . . .
Marilyn J. Vogel, 78, 1037 S. Wayne St., St. Marys, died at 11:25 a.m. Nov. 24, 2008, at the Golden Living Center-Valley, St. Marys. She was born Sept. 2, 1930, in Mercer County, to Roland F. and Edna F. Roether Kruger. Her par . . .