Tuesday, December 9th, 2008
Photo by Mark Pummell
Mercer house fire
local picture
Firefighters work to contain an attic fire Monday afternoon at the home of Kenneth Jones, 5531 Compton St., Mercer. The blaze, which is believed to have started as a result of faulty wiring, resulted in $8,000 to $10,000 in damage to the attic and roof. Responders from the Rockford and Mendon fire departments remained on the scene several hours removing insulation to lessen the likelihood of rekindling. No one was home at the time and a passer-by called 911 after spotting smoke.
Additional pictures for this date
local picturelocal picture
a_d
Today
43°
Rain Showers
84%
Tonight
29°
Snow Showers Likely
58%
Tomorrow
40°
Mostly Cloudy
12%
Tomorrow Night
26°
Partly Cloudy
1%
Sunday
45°
Mostly Sunny
Sunday Night
34°
Mostly Cloudy
Monday
55°
Mostly Cloudy
7%
Monday Night
43°
Mostly Cloudy
15%
Tuesday
56°
Slight Chance Rain Showers
22%
Tuesday Night
42°
Chance Rain Showers
58%
Wednesday
54°
Chance Rain Showers
48%
Wednesday Night
38°
Chance Rain Showers
28%
3 Day
Extended
a_da_d
camera_logo Photo Albums
Wednesday, October 29
index pict
Wednesday, October 29
index pict
video_logoOnline Video
Thursday, October 2
index pict
Accident at 127 and 119
Monday, September 29
index pict
Grand Lake Marathon