a_d
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008
Photo by Mark Pummell
Mercer house fire
local picture
Firefighters work to contain an attic fire Monday afternoon at the home of Kenneth Jones, 5531 Compton St., Mercer. The blaze, which is believed to have started as a result of faulty wiring, resulted in $8,000 to $10,000 in damage to the attic and roof. Responders from the Rockford and Mendon fire departments remained on the scene several hours removing insulation to lessen the likelihood of rekindling. No one was home at the time and a passer-by called 911 after spotting smoke.
Additional pictures for this date
local picturelocal picture
a_d
Wednesday
36°
Cloudy
4%
Wednesday Night
32°
Mostly Cloudy
1%
Thursday
49°
Mostly Cloudy
12%
Thursday Night
42°
Rain Showers
92%
Friday
53°
Slight Chance Rain Showers
40%
Friday Night
43°
Mostly Cloudy
13%
Saturday
56°
Slight Chance Rain Showers
24%
Saturday Night
45°
Chance Rain Showers
28%
Sunday
56°
Rain Showers Likely
56%
Sunday Night
45°
Rain Showers Likely
60%
Monday
52°
Chance Rain Showers
60%
Monday Night
36°
Chance Rain Showers
40%
3 Day
Extended
a_d
a_da_d
camera_logo Photo Albums
Tuesday, January 17
index pict
Saturday, January 14
index pict
video_logoOnline Video
Thursday, December 29
index pict
Deceased infant in truck leads to arrest
Wednesday, December 28
index pict
911 audio: Deceased infant found in abandoned truck