Tuesday, December 9th, 2008
Photo by Mark Pummell
Mercer house fire
local picture
Firefighters work to contain an attic fire Monday afternoon at the home of Kenneth Jones, 5531 Compton St., Mercer. The blaze, which is believed to have started as a result of faulty wiring, resulted in $8,000 to $10,000 in damage to the attic and roof. Responders from the Rockford and Mendon fire departments remained on the scene several hours removing insulation to lessen the likelihood of rekindling. No one was home at the time and a passer-by called 911 after spotting smoke.
Additional pictures for this date
local picturelocal picture
a_d
Today
59°
Decreasing Clouds
Tonight
42°
Partly Cloudy
10%
Tomorrow
63°
Partly Sunny
10%
Tomorrow Night
47°
Partly Cloudy
12%
Saturday
67°
Partly Sunny
16%
Saturday Night
43°
Mostly Clear
2%
Sunday
61°
Mostly Sunny
Sunday Night
43°
Partly Cloudy
Monday
70°
Partly Sunny
Monday Night
55°
Mostly Cloudy
Tuesday
70°
Chance Thunderstorms
50%
Tuesday Night
47°
Chance Thunderstorms
33%
3 Day
Extended
a_da_d
camera_logo Photo Albums
Tuesday, October 21
index pict
video_logoOnline Video
Thursday, October 2
index pict
Accident at 127 and 119
Monday, September 29
index pict
Grand Lake Marathon