Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - The city has received the final payment from the county in settlement of the landfill lawsuit, which was concluded in 2007. Council members and city officials agreed they were glad that chapter has been concluded. . . .
ROCKFORD - The only two teams without a loss in the Midwest Athletic Conference softball race squared off on Monday afternoon at Shane's Park in Rockford. Parkway rallied from a two-run deficit in the sixth inning and then bene . . .
A day after the NFL Draft, Todd Boeckman finally got the call he wanted to hear. The St. Henry native and Ohio State quarterback confirmed that he will head to the Cincinnati Bengals training camp later this week for a tryout f . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• City not required to hire two for downtown project
• Residents to vote on 5-year permanent improvement levy
• Hospital works on cure for identity theft
• Street repair to dominate Coldwater this summer
• Farmers, motorists should use caution on roadways
• Hot bats carry Celina past Minster
• Bruns wins battle of D-I signees at Versailles
Eric M. Bullock, 34, Lima, died April 27, 2009, at 12:15 a.m. at his residence. Cause of death was apparent suicide, according to the Shawnee Township Police Department. He was born Nov. 26, 1974, in Coldwater to Robert T. and . . .
Earl Daughtery, 84, St. Marys, died April 28, 2009, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .