Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The city of Celina may harvest the algae in Grand Lake to create methane gas and carbon dioxide if a proposed pilot study at the water treatment plant is authorized and found viable. Celina Planning and Community Development Di . . .
OSGOOD - A blaring radio roused a sleeping family after lightning struck their home and sparked a disastrous fire early Tuesday morning. Now Shawn and Missy Tuente and their four children, ranging in age from 15 months to 9 yea . . .
MINSTER - Local councilors took the initial step toward a much-needed facelift for the Miami and Erie Canal on Tuesday night, giving first reading to an ordinance authorizing the mayor to petition the Auglaize County Commissioner . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Tradition planted in annual strawberry festival
• Increase in water rates recommended
• Residents speak out about effect on Grand Lake
• Washington Twp. landowners object to ditch assessment
• A new place to stop for a drink, music
• New bait shop tries to lure fishermen to Montezuma
• Cavaliers and Rams have some similarities
• Grand Lake area well-represented again at state
• Prelude to the Dream at Eldora tonight
• Eldora a special place for the racers and the fans
• Time schedule for 2009 state track meet for local participants
June Margret Johnson, 82, of Mendon, died at 10:25 p.m. June 2, 2009, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. Arrangements are pending at Ketcham-Ripley Funeral Home, Rockford. . . .
Charlotte M. Lamm, 88, 1400 Queensbury Drive, Celina, died at 6:23 p.m. May 30, 2009, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born Feb. 26, 1921, to Erich W. and Martha E. Lenz Heyse in Klempin in Pommern, Germa . . .
Jettie Eversole Lovelace, 82, 405 East St., Rockford, died at 2 p.m. June 1, 2009, at her residence. She was born July 23, 1926, in Hazard, Ky. to Adam and America Stidham Eversole. On Jan. 2, 1942, she married Emery Lovelace, . . .
Irene E. May, 95, 6265 North 700 East Bryant, Ind., died at 9:10 p.m. May 31, 2009, in Hospice of Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born in Bryant, Ind., Dec. 9, 1913, to Stephen and Mary Hierholzer Hartnagel. On April 5, 1 . . .
Vernon Schmidt Jr., 87, 1660 Celina Road, St. Marys, died at 3:15 a.m. June 2, 2009, at the residence. He was born Dec. 27, 1921, in Auglaize County, to Vernon and Florance Blank Schmidt Sr. He was married for 64 years to Elean . . .