Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Homan's Gun Shop
Friday, July 10th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A 44-year-old Mercer County Jail inmate facing the likelihood of prison died Thursday afternoon after he reportedly hung himself with a bed sheet. Ronald Abels, 279 St. Anthony Road, Fort Recovery, was pronounced dead on arriva . . .
Officials at Breakaway RecPlex are making every effort to reopen the fitness facility after it closed on July 2 and want members to call or stop at the business' office with questions, a letter from owner Tom Case states. For m . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Pat Niekamp chosen as new interim superintendent
• Company nets fine following fatal ditch accident
• No Fort Recovery teachers accept one-time buyout
• EPA continues toxin warning for lake
• Glass gems are nature's gift
• New pastor at Mendon Methodist church
• St. Henry stays alive with win over Fort Loramie
• Mariners' win streak ends at seven
Marvin Bayer, 88, of St. Marys, died July 8, 2009, at the St. Marys Living Center. He was born Oct. 17, 1920, in Covington, Ky., to Elmer and Loretta Bayer. His wife of 63 years, Dorothy, survives. Other survivors are three c . . .
Florence I. Caywood, 91, formerly of 420 Jackson St., St. Marys, died at 8:25 p.m. July 8, 2009, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born May 14, 1918, in Amanda Township, Allen County, to John and Mary Brown Bowers. In 1937, . . .