Wednesday, August 26th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Seven of the nine local school districts struggled with the social studies achievement tests last school year as did the rest of the state, according to the 2008-09 school year report cards released Tuesday by the Ohio Department . . .
NEW BREMEN - Things were smoking in this Auglaize County village in an effort to locate sources of clear water infiltration into the sanitary sewer system. Village Administrator Wayne York told village councilors Tuesday night . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Recovery funds launch local sewer project
• Projected amounts collected in 7 of 9 funds
• Algae removal pilot study waiting vote
• Minster Historical Society to serve as grand marshal
• State funding sought for street work
• Businesses to exhibit
• Dance studio opens to teach variety of style to all ages
• Lady Bulldogs win first dual match of season
• Celina looks to build on winning tradition
• Pohlman has high hopes for Cavaliers
• Indians eager to continue climbing in MAC
• Flyers have regional appearance as a goal
• Minster loaded and ready for strong season
• Cardinal runners looking strong this season
• Parkway cross country a little shy on depth
• St. Henry boys aim for another trip to state
• Cisco excited to work with a young roster
• Bulldog golfers striving for improvement
• Coldwater golfers focused on improvement
• Indians have young team this year
• Flyers golfers look to be competitive
• High expectations for Minster golf teams
• Girls short on numbers; Boys have new coach
• Parkway golf looking to move up in MAC
• St. Henry golfers aiming high this season
• Guarnieri takes over Roughriders' program
• Celina soccer teams hit hard by graduation
• Coldwater girls ready for first season of soccer
• St. Marys soccer coaches feeling optimistic
• Bulldogs expect to contend in WBL again
• Roughriders hope to contend again in WBL
Betty J. Griffith, 59, of Laverne, Ala. died Aug. 17, 2009, at home. Death was due to natural causes. She was born May 12, 1950, in Lima to Gerald and Leota King Shoffstall. She married Paul Griffith, who died in 1977. Surviv . . .
Maxine Layland, 86, of Wapakoneta, died at 5:40 p.m. Aug. 22, 2009, at Auglaize Acres. She was born Feb. 17, 1923, in Lima to Lynn and Bertha Kline Henderson. On June 3, 1950, she married Floyd Layland, who died June 12, 1990. . . .
Gisela E. Woltermann, 83, 215 W. Butler St., Fort Recovery, died at 10:03 p.m. Aug. 24, 2009, at Lima Memorial Hospital. She was born April 16, 1926, in Dessau, Germany to Franz and Emily Leiberich Neugebauer. On Sept. 4, 1948, . . .