Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Kent Bryan, the city of Celina's planning and community development director, said there is much misinformation and misunderstanding about the algae toxin in Grand Lake. He said he wants to go after a research grant that he hop . . .
While the high school football season is 10 weeks long, the most important part of the schedule for area conferences occurs in the first week or two of the season. During conference play, half of the conference teams win and . . .
COLDWATER - Garage sales are nice, but they need governed, say village officials. Councilors heard first reading Monday evening on a new ordinance that annually will limit the number of garage/yard sales per address in the vill . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Manure digester could be part of plan
• Celina maneuvers to capture low heating fuel prices
• Property owners want new parking
• Motorcycle crashes on the rise locally
• Coordinator receives grant
• Work completed on highway enhancement
• Teaming up for language course
• New fire chief welcomed
• Council approves moving funds to cover pool payroll
• Pottkotter's goal the difference for Bulldogs
• Roughriders fall in four to Spartans
• Luebke is pitching well for Team USA
• Winter cover crop walk scheduled
Sarah Eichar, 93, of Celina, died Sept. 14, 2009, at her residence. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Virginia H. "Ginny" Miller, 74, died Sept. 12, 2009, at Carteret General Hospital Morehead City, N.C. She was born June 8, 1935, in Darke County to Bernard Schulze and Victoria Pleiman Schulze Eilerman. Her husband of 54 year . . .
James Richard Mustard, 88, 940 S. Elm St., Celina, died at 4:13 p.m. Sept. 14, 2009, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Rev. Raymond Siefert, 90, of St. Charles Center, Carthagena, died Sept. 14, 2009, at Good Samaritan Hospital, Dayton. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, St. Henry. . . .
Marvin Harmon Vagedes, 76, died Sept. 14, 2009, in Wilmington, N.C. He was born Jan. 4, 1933, in Coldwater. On Sept. 7, 1957, he married Barbara "Barb" Cummins, who survives. Also surviving are a daughter, Bridget (Timothy) . . .
Monday, August 25
Monday, August 25
Sunday, August 24