Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Reflections Hair Studio
Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
After years of planning and 15 months of construction, the new Mercer County Adult Detention Center will be completed Friday. But, there is still much to do. Furniture is planned to be installed beginning Monday. Then comes the . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Struggling students at Fort Recovery Local Schools are getting extra help with academics. Both middle school Principal Matt Triplett and high school Principal Jeff Hobbs informed school board members on Tuesday . . .
Mercer County engineers have added two more bridge projects to their schedule for 2010 in an effort to upgrade as many as possible as funding becomes available. The two projects currently on their agenda are located in northern . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Van Wert death suspected as H1N1
• Budget could get another reduction next summer
• Prosecutor calls defense evidence a 'cartoon' in Schwieterman appeal hearing
• State official commends farmers on conservation work
• Residents attend council meeting to hear about cleanup
• Openings still available for H1N1 clinic Tuesday in Wapakoneta
• $2 million East Jefferson sewer project moving ahead
• Educators divided over credit flexibility policy
• Sheriff seeking grants for GPS equipment in cruisers
• Area business tries to expand sales
• Welder to fix, fabricate
John H. Bihn Sr., 91, 1663 Union City Road, Fort Recovery, died at 8:20 a.m. Nov. 17, 2009, at Persimmon Ridge, Portland, Ind. He was born April 26, 1918, in Elyria to Sylvan and Flora Weigel Bihn. On July 16, 1946, he married . . .
Pamela Jean Karen, 53, 201 1/2 E. Spring St., St. Marys, died Nov. 16, 2009, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys, after a battle with cancer. She was born Nov. 30, 1955, in Pontiac, Mich., to Robert and Jean . . .
Mary H. Romer, 90, of Fort Recovery, died Nov. 17, 2009, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .
John Kenneth Zuber, 76, 5170 Township Line Rd., Coldwater, died Nov. 15, 2009, in an accident at his residence. He was born Jan. 19, 1933, in St. Marys, to Kenneth and Mary Fisher Zuber. On Aug. 4, 1954, he married Lorene A. G . . .