Friday, April 29th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - School board members this morning unanimously approved a three-year contract with the Coldwater Teachers Organization that freezes salaries - including step pay increases - for two years. The contract will be reopened . . .
ST. MARYS - The Celina baseball team rallied from a four-run deficit and then got a defensive gem for the final out as the Bulldogs escaped K.C. Geiger Park with a 7-6 win over rival St. Marys on a rainy Thursday in Western Bucke . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Changes eyed to save county dollars
• Two Republicans vie for council seat
• Cheryl Ann asks for levy renewal
• St. Henry board seeks continuous levy
• Sheriff wants to beef up staff
• Celina studies new power source
• King James Bible celebrates 400th anniversary
• Cardinals strike early in win over the Flyers
• Celina recovers from rocky start to beat Versailles
• Dues, Sanning eager to get season started
• Brunswick an all-time great for Cavs
• Trio of home runs push Panthers past Redskins
Rita J. Hilgefort, 53, of Farmersville, died unexpectedly April 27, 2011, at her residence. She was born Aug. 19, 1957, to Alton and Norma Meyer Barga, who are deceased. On Jan. 17, 1992, she married Randy Hilgefort, who surviv . . .
David A. Spaulding, 40, of St. Marys, died at 11:29 p.m. April 26, 2011, in the emergency department of Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. He was born March 1, 1971, in St. Marys to James and Emma Jane Mont . . .
Wilfred Fullenkamp, 79, Coldwater, died April 28, 2011, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Services are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home in Coldwater. . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4