Friday, May 27th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Dave Borger's resume of 27 homes built and sold for nearly $4.1 million might indicate he's a real estate developer. His actual job is developing students into quality workers. Borger's students have the opportunity to . . .
Filming for an independent film starring Kim Basinger is scheduled to begin late this summer in Mercer, Darke and Stark counties. The Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) made the announcement Thursday but did not provide exac . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Kill date for cover crops extended
• Plans back on track for skateboard park
• Officials study how to fix bike path flooding
• High bid wins lake contract
• More arrests made in drug investigation
• Most New Bremen students pass state graduation test
• Police to make extra checks for seat belts
• 'Scrumptious Blessings' cookbook stirs up funds for Shrine
• Eldora's schedule busy this weekend
• Carr, Breland qualify for state
• Minster's Heitkamp finds Anderson to be perfect fit
Kenneth C. Luthman, 75, Russia, died at 10:23 p.m. May 25, 2011, at Lima Memorial Hospital. He was born Feb. 29, 1936, in St. Patrick to Wilbert and Viola Gariety Luthman. On May 5, 1956, he married Nancy Monnin, who survives. . . .
Former Celina resident Marilyn J. Weissinger-Singleton, 62, died May 22, 2011, in Pompano Beach, Fla. Surviving is her husband, Michael P. Connelly; a daughter, Traci Singleton; and a sister, Barb Weadock. Cremation w . . .