Tuesday, June 28th, 2011
By Shelley Grieshop
Rural thefts on the rise
The Auglaize County Sheriff's office is investigating a rash of thefts from outbuildings in the rural New Bremen and Minster area.
Deputies on Sunday morning responded to six reports of thefts from outbuildings on Bensman and East Shelby roads in the southern portion of the county.
Entry to the structures was made by cutting locks and forcing open doors, deputies said. Stolen items include hand and power tools, generators, vehicles and other equipment.
Sheriff Al Solomon said he has no suspects at this time. He asks the public to be alert and cautious.
"You may not even have a vehicle go down the lane; they may approach the building from a field," he said. "I stress to everyone to keep vehicles locked and outbuildings locked and to please report any suspicious activity as it happens."
To report unusual or suspicious activity, the public is asked to call 419-739-6565.
Additional online stories for this date
Print and E-Edition only stories for this date
• Cul-de-sac residents say no to sidewalks
• Much of Celina Main Street set to reopen
• St. Marys OKs natural gas contract
• Celina school district meets all indicators
• Legislation increases fire department personnel
• Schools make technology upgrades
• Boy in good condition after hit by vehicle
• Celina council looks to purchase grass truck