Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Thursday, September 15th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - Ohio Department of Health (ODH) officials say it's likely that toxins in Grand Lake sickened a fisherman in May. It is the only illness in Ohio this year out of nine reported statewide that has a likely link to alg . . .
WAPAKONETA - A new initiative has county officials working to cut costs by sharing services between commissioners, township trustees and school districts. After passage of the state budget this summer, Congress passed House Bi . . .
NEW BREMEN - With an Oct. 1 deadline looming, New Bremen Village Council learned Tuesday night that medical insurance premiums will increase dramatically. Randee Henson of Stolly Insurance, which administers the village's curre . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• ESC poised to name Harvey superintendent
• Treasurer's contract renewed for five years
• Beaver trapping allowed on parts of state park
• Mother receives community control sanctions for death of handicapped son
• New director bringing fresh ideas
• Bucs add Homan to practice squad
• Too early to pick out best teams in leagues
• St. Henry slips past Parkway on links
• Celina's rush defense must step up against Wapak
• Cavs went 10-0 for first time in 1961
• Grand Lake Football Primer
Earl Knutzen Jr., 56, St. Marys, died Sept. 14, 2011, at Lima Memorial Health System. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Steven Daniel "Eightmile Steve" Homan, 54, died Sept. 4, 2011, at his home in Eightmile, Ala. He was born July 21, 1957, in Coldwater to Andrew and Virginia Homan, who are deceased. He married Rachel Homan, who survives in Eigh . . .
Mabel Leota Koontz, 96, Celina, died at 7:50 a.m. Sept. 14, 2011, at The Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. She was born Jan. 7, 1915, in Hopewell Township to John and Nettie Smith Now. On Oct. 28, 1933, she married Lawrence R. K . . .
Memorial services for Lfrieda Toth, who died Sept. 10, 2011, at her residence, will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. The Rev. Robert Ellis will officiate. Calling is one hour before services at the funer . . .